Breast Reduction for MenGynecomastia is a breast reduction surgery for men. Gynecomastia makes men's breast tissue swollen due to an imbalance of estrogen and testosterone hormones during puberty. It affects both the men’s breasts however, men's breasts cannot develop as much as women.
A boy during his puberty or older men’s body secrets less amount of testosterone or high amount estrogen, it leads to change in the hormone and they develop the gynecomastia.
Due to overdeveloped breasts, sometimes they may have pain and might can feel embarrassed or impair their self-confidence.
It causes due to:
- Thyroid problems
- Hormone imbalance
- Illegal drugs like, heroin, marijuana, and anabolic steroids
- Medications of: heart disease, depression, or cancer
- Kidney failure and liver disease.
- Lumpy and fatty tissue under the nipple.
- Sore or tender lumps.
- Swelling which happens unevenly.
Is it right for me?You can go for Gynecomastia surgery if you have the desire to look perfect and to improve your self-confidence also can choose if you:
- Physically healthy
- Not a smoker and can’t take drugs
- Have a relatively normal weight.
- Realistic exceptions.
- The breast has completely developed.
- If you aged 20 or more.
Before the procedure:
- Before the surgery, the surgeon will explore your medical history and examine your physical health.
- You have to discuss your desired outcomes with the surgeon for the satisfying result.
- The surgeon will examine your breast and explain the whole procedure about surgery.
- The surgeon may take blood or urine samples for lab testing and to determine the level of hormones.
- The surgeon will take a mammogram of your breast or take a sample of tissue to determine whether you have a sign of cancer or not.
The procedure:The surgical procedure starts by giving anaesthesia, the surgeon will usually prefer general anaesthesia to make you unconscious.
Liposuction: The surgeon may use the liposuction techniques to remove excess fatty tissues.
In this, the surgeon will insert the cannula (thin hollow tube), from small incisions. The cannula will loosen the excess fat by move it back to control the motion. Excess fat will be removed by the vacuum suction.
Excision: excision will remove the excess skin or breast tissue to correct the gynecomastia.
It is also necessary to reposition men's nipple naturally or areola will be reduced. The surgeon will use different Incision techniques, depend on the condition and preference.
Recovery:After the surgeon will close incisions by stitches, the surgeon will cover by a bandage and suggest to wear support garments to support your chest and to minimize swelling. You must have to follow the instructions of the surgeon and take proper medication which is prescribed by the surgeon.
The final results will last permanently. This surgery will permanently contour your chest and give a natural appearance.
The risks include:
- Wound healing might be poor
- Temporary numb sensation in breast or nipple
- Fat necrosis
- Asymmetry breasts
- Allergic reaction from the bandage