Skin CancerSkin cancer is the most common cancer in the whole world but it is most curable too.
Who Gets Skin Cancer?
- The main cause of skin cancer is the sun that emits ultraviolet rays and due to the ozone layer getting thinner day by day, it affects more to our skin. Overexpose to the sun might lead you towards skin cancer.
- Skin cancer can cause to anyone it can’t depend on skin type, age, the location where you live or /work. But you have a high risk if:
- You have skin is fair and it freckles easily.
- Your hair and eyes are lighter in color.
- Have an improper size or shape of moles.
- Overexpose to the sun.
- Your Genetic history has skin cancer.
- Have a less amount of melamine.
- History of sunburn
- Weak immune system.
Types of Skin CancerBasal cell carcinoma: If you left it untreated then it is life-threatening, it causes serious damage and it goes deep into the skin, tissues, and bone. It frequently appears near to the eyes.it appears as:
- Waxy or pearly bump.
- A flat brown scar-like lesion.
- Bleeding sore.
It can affect any skin tone but those have a darker skin tone have high risks. The Signs you may notice includes:
- A mole that changes its size, shape, and color very frequently and have a irregular border.
- Large brownish spot.
- Small lesions of the irregular border and appear in red, blue, white or blue-black color on your fingertips, toes, palm, soles or on mucous membranes lining like mouth, nose, anus or vagina.
- Painful, itchy or burning lesions.
Squamous cell carcinoma: it is another common type of skin cancer. It often appears on the lips, face, or ear. It might can spread to the distant site and internal organs. It will become life-threatening if it's left untreated. It may appear as:
- Frim and red nodule.
- Large brownish spot.
- Flat lesion and crusted surface.
If you notice any of the symptoms that make you worried, make sure to consult with the doctor because not every change indicates the signs of cancer. Doctor check you first then he/she will determine whether it is cancer or not.
Diagnosis and Treatments
- Skin cancer treatment depends on the type, stage, and location in your body. It can be tread by a number of methods. But mostly, it will be removed by surgical procedure, it has a normal excision which leaves a thin and unnoticeable scar. It is a quick and easy procedure.
- It might be removed by curettage and desiccation. In this, cancer will scared out by electric current will only kill the cancer cells.
- f you have a greater amount of cancer which spread over the body and lymph gland, then it needs major surgery or other possible treatments includes:
- Radiation therapy
- Topical chemotherapy
- Mohs surgery