Chemical PeelingA chemical peel is a method that improves the skin’s appearance. A chemical peel, peels off the outer layer of the skin in order to make the skin glowing and smooth.
Skin is a vital part of our body. Skin regenerates from basal layer and gradually move outwards. Old cells get discarded from the epidermis (outermost layer of skin) when newly grown cells take the place. Chemical peels include the application of the chemical solution on the face which exfoliates and peels of the dead skin and damaged cells to give fresh and glowing skin while healing.
Usually, a series of peels are required to achieve significant results. At the ELEGANCE SKIN AND COSMETIC CLINIC, careful patient selection, counseling and post-procedure care have shown chemical peeling to be a highly useful modality.
What is chemical peeling?Chemical peeling is an application of a solution/gel for a particular time on the area which needs to be treated. It and office based procedure that doesn't require any hospitalization. The dermatologist suggests a type of peeling agent and their concentration as per your skin type and sensitivity.
First, your skin gets cleaned then the peeling agent will be applied gently on the lesion or face until the endpoint won’t achieve. Tinging sensation or warmth might get experienced by the patient for a few minutes during or after the procedure. The procedure can be repeated after 2to 3 weeks.
What are the different types of peeling?There are varieties of chemical peels that are available and they are divided into superficial, medium and deep.
- Very Superficial: such type of chemical peeling is performed by beauticians for removing the top layer of dead skin cells that usually have minor cosmetic benefits and for a short period.
- Stronger superficial peels and medium: such types of chemical peels are performed by doctors. It improves the texture irregularities, uneven pigment like freckling, deeper wrinkles and might be scaring.
- Deep: deep chemical have the long-lasting benefits are especially for deeper wrinkles, however, it will take the longer the recovery time but it will give an amazing after effect.
Also called an Alpha hydroxy peel. It is extracted from the sugarcane and used to remove blemishes and superficial acne scars. It helps to make the skin even and also used for anti-aging treatment, due to its stimulates collagen reduces and prevents fine lines & wrinkles.
Lactic acid peel:
- AHA from fermented milk
- Helps maintain skin pH and also useful in adjusting the pH of formulations
- Moisturizes skin as is the skin's natural moisturizer
- Done in those people who have acne or pigmentation but have a sensitive skin
It extracted from Brown sugar and used for dark circles treatment.
Produced by mushrooms of family Aspergillus and Penicillium it is done to give Glow to the skin, Reduces blemishes & pigmentation.
Beta hydroxy peel:
Also known as a Salicylic acid peel, used to treat acne (whiteheads& blackheads).
Obagi blue peel:
Also known as a Trichloroacetic acid peel, is done with extreme caution by a dermatologist. Used to reduce pigmentation & fine lines.
Also known as a whitening peel. Done by a professional.
Vitamin A peel is done for skin lightening and brightening.
Excellent for acne which doesn't respond to conventional medical treatments.
Done to treat increased pigmentation.
Advantages of peel:
- Improves the skin color
- Even texture
- Easy available
- Easy to use
- Reduces the sun damage which causes a discoloration
- Gives hydration to the skin
- Faster and excellent cosmetic results
- At the initial consult, after a comprehensive assessment, we will choose the right peel that suits your skin~ and is tailored for your schedule.
- Wash your face with cool water
- Moisturize and hydrate your face
- Regularly apply sunblock with SPF30 or more
- Temporary hair loss on incision lines.
- Avoid strenuous workout, dry saunas, and steam room
- Don’t over exfoliates the face.