Breast AugmentationBreast augmentation is also known as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure to increase a cup size. It can also restore volume which reduced after pregnancy or weight loss. The surgeon will place implants under breast tissue which will last longer.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation:
- It enhances the size, shape, and appearance of your breast if having, small breasts bother you.
- It Increases the plumpness of your breast.
- It corrects the unevenness of both the breasts.
- It improves your self-confidence.
Before the procedure:
- You can go for the surgery if you aged 18 or more and have good health and not a smoker.
- Before the surgeon will start the surgery he/she asks you for the medical history it is necessary to discuss your medical history with the surgeon for better and risk-free surgery.
- You should have to discuss your realistic goal about the Breast augmentation with the Doctor for a satisfactory result.
- Also, don’t mind about ask your doubt to the doctor.
Types of implants:Before the surgery surgeon will discuss the implants options with you.
- Saline implants are filled with a sterile saline solution. They filled with different quantities of saline solution that affects the firms and shape of the body. The body will absorb the saline solution naturally if it leaks. FDA approved for women aged 18 or more.
- These implants are made from elastic gel, it is completely like natural breast tissues. If it leaks the gel might move into breast implants pocket or remain in the shell or it may not collapse. If you choose the silicone gel implants you have to go for a regular check-up and have to check the condition of implants via MRI or Ultrasound. FDA approved for women aged 22 or more.
Silicone gel implants:
- For your comfort, the surgeon will give anaesthesia before the surgical procedure. The surgeon might go for local anaesthesia to numb your surgical part or the surgeon will go for the general anaesthesia to make you unconscious during the procedure, but the surgeon will usually use general anaesthesia.
- The surgeon will make incision for less scarring. The incision will depend on the implants and outcome you desired. Types of incisions include:
- Tran’s axillary incision on the armpits.
- Inframammary incision is done under the breast at the crease.
- The per areolar incision is done around the nipples.
- After the incision, the surgeon will put implants into the pocket, under the pectoral muscles or directly beyond the breast tissue and over the pectoral muscle.
- Incisions are closed with sutures or surgical tape. With the time the incision life will fade away.
- The doctor will cover your breast with gauze and puts a drainage tube for a few days.
My recoveryYou will start recovering in 24 to 48 hr. it will last 1-2 weeks.
Sutures will take 4 weeks or more to get completely dissolved and swelling also reduced with the time.
The surgeon will ask you to avoid exercise or a few activities for better recovery. The surgeon will give you some instructions about how you should have to take care of yourself. Gives ask you to take some medication for better recovery and to kill the pain.
The risks include:
- Breast pain
- Harden the area around implants
- Asymmetric breasts
- Implants get leaks