The facelift is also known as Rhytidectomy. The facelift is a surgical procedure to rejuvenate your face. It refines your aging from face and neck. It minimizes the sogginess of cheeks and jawline by removing excess skin.
With the age, the shape and appearance of the face are varied. After a certain age, your skin starts losing elasticity and fat deposits also decrease in some areas of the face. Facelifts can pull back the floppy skin. It enhances your appearance.
Facelift modify the problems which occur due to aging includes the following:
- The saggy skin
- Deep creases around the mouth and nos
- Fat under the chin
- Fat in the neck
A facelift cannot stop the aging process and can’t change the primary appearance. It is not a superficial treatment for sun damage and irregularities in skin colour.
If you are adult women or men who genuinely want to enhance the appearance and want a positive outlook. Also if you are physically healthy and also not a smoker then you can go for the surgery soon.
- Before the surgery surgeon will explore to your medical history and also examine your physical health for the risk-free surgery.
- The surgeon will take a close-up of your face from different angles. The surgeon will examine your face shape, bone structure, fat distribution and explore to the skin for better results.
- Before the surgery, the surgeon may ask you to stop some medication and give you some basic instructions that you must have to follow.
The procedure starts by giving anaesthesia: local anaesthesia will numb only the surgical part. Else, general anaesthesia – will make you unconscious during the surgery, if needed. The facelift procedures involve:
- Remove the excess skin
- Tighten up the underlying tissues and muscles
- Elevation of the excess fat in the face and neck
- Pulling up the floppy skin
- Sculpted the jowls
There are different types of incision process which depends on the patient’s preferences:
In a traditional facelift, the surgeon will make an incision through the hairline which extending down to in front of the ear along with behind the ear into the hair scalps.
It is a shorter incision is extended around the ears but does not extend into the lower scalp.
It corrects the saggy jowls, loose neck and fat deposit under the chin. Neck lift incision starts in front of the ear lobe and wind around behind the ear and ends into the lower scalp.
The surgeon will close your incision by stitches or stapler and cover it with the bandage to minimize the swelling and also may place the drain under the ear to remove the excess blood and fluids.
The procedure will take several months to get completely fine:
- The swelling and bruising start recovering after 4days of the surgery. It will get completely fine in a few weeks.
- The stitches will take 10 to 15 for removing or to dissolve.
- The incision life will take up to 4-5 months to get mature.
It will get itchy and give you some pain, you have to avoid direct contact with sun rays and always have to follow the medication that the doctor had prescribed you.
- Temporary hair loss on incision lines
- Temporary numbness
- Skin necrosis
- Asymmetric sides
Be sure to ask questions: It’s very important to ask your plastic surgeon questions about your facelift procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.
Cost always depends on the experience of the surgeon and procedure. It will vary at different geographical locations. The cost includes the surgeon’s fee, anaesthesia charges, hospital stay and operation theatre charges and also the medicine.
"Your satisfaction is more than a fee."
........better you One convenient location for all kinds of hair and skin solution. Take a proper step to get the look of your dreams.!!