Scar revision reduces the appearance of unpredictable scars caused by burns, surgery, injury and poor healing. Scaring is depends on size, area of the wound, depth, age, thickness of skin and pigment of the skin. Scar revision can’t completely erase the scars but it makes them less visible.
The scar can be less noticeable by two processes:
- Non-surgical process: these include injection and applications, interregional medication, soft tissue augmentation, laser application, cry therapy, and make-up camouflage. In this, you have to take therapy until it can be repaired.
- Surgical process: these include, Z-plasty, skin grafting, and tissue expansion.
If the appearance of scars bothers you, have a consult a surgeon an make a decision about the treatment you have to go with, the surgeon will suggest you the best option on the basis of scars condition.
- Dermabrasion: it removes the upper layers of the skin with the help of fraise (wire brush). It is used to soften the skin surface and regrow the new skin.
- Z-plasty: Z-plasty repositions the scars and rotates into the tension line and it will be less noticeable. This procedure incision involves the two equal dimensional triangular flaps which are at the two ends of the central line and then transposed.
- Skin grafting and flap surgery: This involves, skin moved from a healthy area of your body to cover the damaged part. It is taken when scars tissues and new blood vessels are from in the damaged part. Probably most of the grafts are taken from your own skin are successful. It will leave some scarring at the donor site.
In flap surgery, skin, underlying fat, tissues, blood vessels and probably the muscles are lifted from a healthy part of your body (donor site) and transfer to the recipient site. In some flaps, the blood supply stays attached to the donor site at one end else, blood vessels of flaps are reattached to the vessels at the recipient site.
Grafting and flap surgery are used for large scars or scars which are located at critical.
- The procedure depends on the basis of the technique you go with and the goal you have. The surgeon will explain to you about your procedure in detail before it starts.
- Before the surgeon will start the surgery he/she asks you for the medical history it is necessary to discuss your medical history with the surgeon for better and risk-free surgery.
- The results and recovery also depend on the treatment you choose.
Cost always depends on the technique you choose and experience of the surgeon and procedure. It will vary at different geographical locations. The cost includes the surgeon’s fee, anaesthesia charges, hospital stay and operation theater charges and also the medicines.
"Your satisfaction is more than a fee."
........better you One convenient location for all kinds of hair and skin solution. Take a proper step to get the look of your dreams.!!