Liposuction is a surgical procedure also known as rhinoplasty, removes excess and isolated pockets of fat and reshapes the certain area of the body. It also contours them and enhances self-image. It is suitable for those have a normal weight.
Liposuction removes fat from a localized area such as:
- Chin and neck
- Ankles and calves
- Upper arms
- Inner knee
The surgeon might perform Liposuction with a surgical procedure includes facelift, breast reduction, gynecomastia, and tummy tuck.
The surgical procedure starts by giving anaesthesia, the surgeon will usually prefer general anaesthesia to make you unconscious.
The surgeon will mark the circles and lines on the part of your body which is going to treat. The surgeon will choose specific liposuction techniques on the basis of your goal and the area of your body. There are several types of techniques which surgeon uses such as:
- Tumescent liposuction:
- It is the most common liposuction technique the surgeon uses to remove excess fatty tissue. In this technique, the surgeon will inject a sterile solution which is a mixture of saltwater, helps in fat removal.
- In this treatment, the surgeon will insert the cannula (thin hollow tube), from small incisions. Excess fat and fluids will be removed by the vacuum suction which is connected to the cannula.
- Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL):
- In this technique, high-intensity laser light uses to break down the fat for removal. During the procedure, the surgeon will insert the laser fibre in the skin from a small incision to emulate the fat deposits and it will remove through the cannula.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL):
- In this technique, the surgeon will insert the metal rod which emits the ultrasonic energy inside the skin to breaks the fat cells for removal. Morden UAL is known as Vaser-assisted liposuction, might improves the skin contouring.
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL):
- In this liposuction, cannula uses to move in a rapid back-and-forth motion. The hard fat pulls out will be quick and effortless due to the vibration. It might cause less pain and less swelling. The surgeon might go for this technique if a large amount of fat needs to be removed.
The surgeon may leave your incision open after the procedure to remove the excess fluids and blood from the drain which temporary placed. It will be removed in 1 or 2 days. The surgeon will close incision by stitches and cover them by elasticated support bandages and surgeon will suggest wearing tight garments for a few weeks to reduce the swelling. Surgeon will prescribe you some meditation for post-surgical care.
The result will be permanent if you maintain your weight. If you gain weight after the surgery which alters the fat distribution and the fat starts accumulating on your hips and might find new problems at the buttocks area.
Important facts about the safety and risks of liposuction
- Anesthesia risks
- Fat and blood clots
- Poor healing at the wound
- Temporary Numbness
- Skin burns
Cost always depends on the experience of the surgeon and procedure. It will vary at different geographical locations. The cost includes the surgeon’s fee, anaesthesia charges, hospital stay and operation theatre charges and also the medicines.
"Your satisfaction is more than a fee."
........better you One convenient location for all kinds of hair and skin solution. Take a proper step to get the look of your dreams.!!